In this article, we will discuss about the process of Netgear wifi extender N300 setup. After you complete this process of initial configuration, your range extender will be synchronized with your existing wireless network and the Netgear wifi extender N300 setup will be completed successfully. When setting up your Netgear wifi range extender, we recommend you to bring your extender into the same room as your wireless router. Once the setup is complete, you can move you extender anywhere at your place. We have mentioned-below the instructions to set up your wifi extender:
- Make sure you have plugged your range extender into the power outlet and turned your device On. Verify by checking the Green LED light on your device
- Now connect the wireless extender with your computer that you are going to use for the configuration process.
- Open a web browser on the same computer and your browser should take you directly to the Netgear wifi extender n300 setup wizard. You can also enter www.mywifiext.net into the address bar of your web browser.
- Now your extender will search for active wireless networks in the range. Select the existing wireless network that you want to extend, from the list of available wireless networks.
NOTE: If you want to customize the settings of your Netgear wireless extender, uncheck the option “Use the same security mode and password as those for the existing network”. Click Next when you’re done.
- After 2 minutes, your computer will automatically disconnect from the extender wireless network. Don’t worry, your device restarts so that new settings take effect on it.
- Now again connect to your Netgear wifi range extender from your computer. When you have connected to your extender’s wireless network successfully, go back to the setup wizard and check the option “My wireless devices are connected to the Extender network”.
- Now, click Finish to complete the setup wizard.
Connect any of your wireless enabled devices with your wireless network to verify the Internet connectivity. If you are able to access the Internet, it means you have successfully configured your Netgear wifi range extender. Now you can connect your other wireless-enabled device with your wireless network.
Not able to set up Netgear range extender?
If you face any issue while attempting to set up your Netgear range extender, don’t worry, we have the solution for this issue. This issue appears when you mistakenly misconfigure the settings of your device. Simply, look for the reset button on your device and press the reset button. Hold it for a few seconds and your device will restart. You again need to follow the above mentioned instructions to set up your device. This will resolve your issue surely.
We hope that this article helped you in the process of the Netgear wifi extender N300 setup. In case you still face any issue, you can call us on our toll-free number. Our technicians will assist you on the same and help you to resolve the issue.